When I first heard of this idea from Jon Wilkening I was set on fire, I was stoked, pumped, fired up to make my own list of challenges and ideas that would push me to get outside my comfort zone and grow. Then I was petrified! What did I want to do and what if I FAILED?! It took me a month to get myself to unravel the fear and remember this was an opportunity for me to grow and expand myself and learn! To stop viewing opportunities as probable failures once and for all! To keep viewing opportunities as ways for growth and learning regardless of the outcomes.
I want to add that this list for me is just the beginning. A starting point. I have much bigger impossible dreams that I want to challenge myself with I just don't know how to put them in words quite yet! I just didn't want to let that hold me back from starting this wave and seeing where it takes me!
I added my own flare for the heart in this list because... well that's just who I am! The more heart the happier I am!
- Connect with at least five other artists to talk about why they make the art they make, their fears, their passions, and then paint the inner beauty they shared.
- Paint 5 emotive portraits of people to show the inner beauty I see and feel about them.
- Sketch or draw an imaginary person from my mind everyday.
- Sell one piece of art and have the complete proceeds go to a group that is actively working at stopping the exploitation of children.
- Write my first novel.
- I want to share what I do with more people and grow my love letters list to 1500 people.
- GET MY DRIVERS LICENSE AFTER HOLDING A LEARNER'S LICENSE FOR 16 YEARS!!!
- Begin filling my "Happiness Jar", thank you Elizabeth Gilbert for such a wonderful idea!
- Read 1 book a week
- Journal Daily
- Ask more questions!
- Listen to my intuition more. Keep following my path and not what others think my path should be.
- Send a snail mail to an unsuspecting someone once a week.
- Begin each day with some great music; a personal theme song for the day!
- Smile at people more and engage people in stores, in line ups, in a conversation.
Health and wellness
- Juice daily and eat 50% more fruits and vegetables.
- Drink 15 glasses of water daily
- Do weight training three times a week
- Do my Pilates/Yoga practice daily
- Meditate on something spiritual daily
- Get outside in nature and the elements daily.
Family and Friends (save the sweetest ones for last)
- Journal and document my children's journey daily. This time is going way too fast.
- Read with my family every night.
- Make a meal once a month and invite friends over to share the meal with them.
- hug and kiss and say I LOVE YOU even more if that is even possible!
- Support my husband in the writing of his first book. He is a brilliant mind with a brilliant flair for writing.
- Support my best friend in writing her first book. She has a heart of gold and a stories to share that we all need to hear!
While these may not seem like reaching for the moon dreams or traveling the world in 80 days, they are dreams I have had that I let slip away much too often and now here they are my challenges to grow and learn from and find deeper meaning and love in my life. I will keep you posted here at the blog as this year unfurls for us! Lets see how these challenges will teach and change me! Thank you to all of you dear readers and supporters you make my heart glad! You help me see the value in sharing with the world and letting my light shine!
What will you challenge yourself with starting this year? I would love to hear about it and in sharing we are motivated to learn, grow, and live the richest life possible!